Blackboard (Faculty) - Discussion Boards: Lock a Thread
1. Click on the title of the discussion forum to open it.
This document describes how to lock a discussion thread in Blackboard. This might be useful if you do not want students to comment on a thread anymore or if you need to start a fresh conversation on the same topic.
2. Hover your mouse over the thread you want to lock.
3. Then click the circular grey icon that appears to the right of the thread title.
4. Choose Lock from the drop down menu.
5. After you have locked a thread, students will no longer be able to post in it. You can verify that it is locked by checking for the "Published - Locked" status to the right of the original author's name.