Blackboard (Faculty) - Discussion Boards: Moderate Discussions
The "Force Moderation of Posts" feature requires that a moderator must review the post before it is published to the forum. In most cases, the faculty member is the moderator, but other users can be assigned the role of moderator.
This document provides an overview of how to moderate a discussion forum.
Create the Forum
- Follow the instructions to create a discussion forum.
- In the Create and Edit section, check the box for "Force Moderation of Posts".
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
Moderate the Posts
- Go into the forum that needs moderating.
- Click the Moderate Forum button to be taken to the Moderate Queue page.
- A lists of the posts made to the forum will appear on the Moderate Queue page. Click the Moderate button at the end of the line to be taken to the Moderate Post page.
- Leave the default "Publish" and click Submit to publish. Choose "Return" and click Submit if the post needs to be returned. It is recommended that comments be made as to why the post is not being published.