Blackboard (Faculty) - Discussion Board: Create a Discussion Forum
This document provides an overview of creating a discussion forum.
1. From the Course Menu, click on Discussion Board. Alternatively, from the Control Panel, click on Course Tools >>>Discussion Board.
Standard View: Allows students to see all threads upon entering the room.
Participants must create threads in order to view other threads in this forum. This option is preferable when you want students to post original ideas without being influenced by other postings first.
Grading Discussion Forum will allow you to see each students posts and replies to give one grade.
Grade Threads will turn off "Allow Members to Create New Thread" option. With this option, you will create each thread and students can only reply to the threads. Using this option helps focus the discussion and keep the discussion on topic.
Subscribe will allow the users to receive an email when someone has responded to their thread.
Create and Edit:
Allows further permissions and functions of the discussion board.
Allows peer rating of discussion posts.
6. Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
- Blackboard (Faculty) - About the Discussion Board
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Discussion Boards: Create a Thread
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Discussion Boards: Edit a Discussion Board
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Discussion Boards: Reply to a Discussion Thread
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Discussion Boards: Enable Grading in a Discussion Board
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Discussion Boards: Grade Discussion Participation