Blackboard (Faculty) - Export/Import: Export Course Materials
This document provides an overview of exporting course materials from one course and importing into another course.
Export All, or Select Links, Settings, and Tools from Your Old Course Shell
- From the Control Panel, in your old course, click on Packages and Utilities to expand the menu.
- Click on Export / Archive Course link.
- Click on the Export Package button.
- In the File Attachments section, for Course Files Default Directory:
Select the second radio button "Copy links and include copies of the files in the course default directory."
Select the second radio button: "Copy links and include copies of the files outside of the course default directory."
- In the Select Course Materials section:
If you want to copy the entire course (Grade Center, files and links, discussion boards, settings, etc.) to your new course, click the Select All button.
If you want to copy certain sections (Course Work content area, Grade Center, Tests, etc.) check the boxes to the left of just the areas you wish to copy.
If you are not sure which sections you want, click Select All. You will have the opportunity to import only select areas. You always have the option of deleting content from the new course once it has been transferred.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
The Export process may take a few minutes to create the package especially if the course contains a lot of materials. When the package is ready, you will receive an email from the Blackboard Administrator.
- Click on Refresh button within the browser to refresh your page. You should now see the package listed as "ExportFile_yourcoursename_bunchofnumbers.zip".
- Right click on the file name. Select the Save Link As option and save the file to your Desktop. DO NOT open the file or unzip it.
If you are sharing the course material with another instruction, email this zip file to the instructor. They will follow the import process below to import the materials into their course shell.
Click the below to expand the menus for directions.
- Import Course Materials