Blackboard (Faculty) - Rubrics: Grade with a Rubric
This document provides an overview of grading with a rubric.
Grading an Assignment Using a Rubric
- From the Grade Center, access the student's assignment attempt.
- From the Assignment Details panel, click on the arrow in the Attempt box.
- Click on the title of the rubric to open it.
- If you want to see the description of the criteria, check the "Show Description" box. If you want to provide feedback for each criteria, check the "Show Feedback" box.
- As you review each criteria, click the radio button to select the value.
- If you feel that the score generated by the rubric should be adjusted (higher or lower) change the Raw Total score at the bottom of the rubric to the appropriate score.
- Add any feedback to the student in the box.
- Click the Save Rubric button.
For more information about grading with a rubric, see video: Grade Using a Rubric. This video show how to grade a discussion post, however, the Grading Panel is the same for every assessment using a rubric.