Blackboard (Faculty) - Adaptive Release: Advanced
Advanced Adaptive Release used the same criteria as Basic Adaptive Release but more sophisticated combinations of release rules can be created by adding multiple rules with multiple criteria to a single content item. Users must met all of the criteria of one of the rules to gain access.
- From the drop down menu of an item, test, assignment, etc. click on Adaptive Release: Advanced.
- Click on Create Rule button.
- Name the rule. The name should reflect the criteria, for example "Assignment 3."
- Click Submit.
- From the Create Criteria menu, click on the criteria or click on Review Status
The following example is an Advance Adaptive Release set on a quiz. The students must review 3 items before the quiz is open to them.
- From the Adaptive Release: Advanced page, click the Create Rule button.
- Name the Rule.
- From the Manage Criteria page, click Review Status button.
- Browse and select the one of the files that the students will review.
- Click Submit.
- Repeat Steps 3-5 for each file the student will review. Your Manage Criteria page will look like this:
Students will see the three items to be reviewed:
Once the student has clicked all three items, the quiz will appear:
NOTE: Students have to manually click the "Marked Review" button. It is not automatically triggered when a student opens a file or clicks on a link. Also, by clicking the "Marked Review" button does not guarantee that the students have read or watched the file or video associated with the link.