Blackboard (Faculty) - Tasks: About Tasks
This document provides an overview of tasks.
Instructors can set course tasks that allows students to keep track of what is to be completed in a course.
From within a Course, in the Course Menu, under Tools. A link to the Tasks can be added directly to the Course Menu, a Content Area, or folder.
See Add links to the Course Menu or Add Tools to a Content Area.
1. From the Course Menu link or the Content Area folder, click on the Task tool.
2. Click on Create Course Task button.
3. Name the task.
4. Add a description including the date that the task is due.
5. Select a due date.
6. Identify the priority, Low, Normal, or High.
7. Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
The tasks will be listed by due date. Note the columns "Not Started," "In Progress," and "Completed" will display the status.
Students will click on the Task link in the Course Menu or Content Area folder and manually designate the task to "In Progress" or "Complete."
It is up to the student to designate the
status of the task. Students may have completed the task but until they
manually set the task to "Complete" the status in this tool will remain
Once students have set the status to "In Progress" or "Completed" return to the Task tool.
Click on the number in the column to see the the individual student's status.