OneDrive (All Users) - Share a File
This document describes how to share a OneDrive file or folder with "view-only" permissions. The recipient must login with an SIUE or Microsoft email account to view the content.
Set Up a File or Folder with View Only Permissions
- Login to your account at office365.siue.edu.
- Click the waffle menu in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click OneDrive. Navigate to My files if necessary.
- Place a checkmark in front of the file or folder you want to share.
- Click the Share button near the top of the screen or to the right of the filename.
- To share with users via email, you can enter the email addresses or the email group in the "To" field and may write a message to the recipients in the "Message..." field. After that, click the Send button.
- By default, these users can view the resource but not edit it.
- If you need to copy the share link instead of specifying email recipients, click the Copy button near the bottom right of the share window. You can then paste the link wherever you want to share it. By default, any SIUE user with the link can view the shared resource.