Zoom: Schedule a Recurring Meeting (Faculty)
This document describes how to schedule a meeting in Zoom, which you can use for virtual office hours or other standing meetings. Zoom updates it's software on a regular basis with important security items as well as updates to features. To make sure you have the most current version, check for updates.
- Go to www.siue.edu/zoom and login with your SIUE username and password.
- Click Meetings in the left-hand menu
- Click the Schedule a New Meeting button
- On the next screen, give your meeting a name (e.g. Virtual Office Hours)
- If you would like to make this a recurring meeting, place a check mark next to Recurring meeting under the time settings.
- In the Recurrence drop-down menu, select No Fixed Time
- Near the bottom of the screen, check any additional settings you want for your meeting. Two helpful options are:
Require Meeting Password - Requiring a password will allow only invited attendees to access the meeting room. This may help keep unwanted visitors from attending.
Enable join before host - this lets attendees get into the meeting, even if the host hasn't logged in yet. This is a good option if attendees may want to start meeting/collaborating before the host arrives.
Enable waiting room - this places attendees in a waiting room until the host admits them. This is a good option for faculty using Zoom for office hours, as it prevents students from coming in when you are meeting privately with another student.
- Save your changes.
- On the next screen, you will see a Copy Invitation. Paste this information into an email and share it with the people you plan to meet. Or copy the Invite Link and add it as a web link in Blackboard. For example, professors might paste this link into a their courses under "Office Hours" or send to students directly via email.