Blackboard (Faculty) - Groups: Create Group Assignments
A Group Assignment uses the Blackboard Assignment tool. Rather than every member in the group uploading an assignment, in the Group Assignment, only one member of the group uploads the assignment. Faculty then grade the one submission and the grade is distributed to all members of the group. A faculty has to option to change any member's grade if necessary.
This document provides an overview of Group Assignment option in Blackboard's Assignment Tool.
- Create a Blackboard Assignment
Designating the Assignment to be a Group Assignment
- In the "Grading" section, click on the Submission Details link.
- In the "Assignment Type" section, click on the Group Submission radio button.
- Select the Groups that will receive this assignment from the box on the left. Click the right arrow to send the groups to the box on the righ.
- In the "Number of Attempts" section, select from the drop down menu, Single Attempt (Default), Multiple Attempts, or Unlimited Attempts.
If you select "Multiple Attempts," include how many attempts allowed.
Select which score will be included in the Grade Center
- Follow the rest of the instructions for creating a Blackboard Assignment.
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Groups: About Groups
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Groups: Grade a Group Assignment
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Groups: Create a Group
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Groups: Edit Group Settings
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Groups: Add or Remove Students from a Group
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Groups: Grade a Group Discussion Board