Blackboard (Faculty) - Contacts: Create, Edit, or Delete a Contact
This document provides an overview of how to create, edit, or delete a contact.
Accessing the Contact Area
To access the Contact area, from the Course Menu, click on Tools, then click on Contacts.
If you have deleted the Tools link in the Course Menu, from the Control Panel, click on Course Tools, then click on Contacts.
Create a Contact
- From the Contacts tool, click on Create Contact button.
- Enter your profile information. The only required information is your email.
- Enter your Office location.
- Enter your Office Hours.
- Under Options, for "Make the Profile Available," click the Yes radio button.
- It is recommended that you add an image, especially if this is for an online class.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
Edit a Contact
- To edit a contact, hover your mouse over the drop-down menu and click Edit.
- Make the necessary changes
- Click Submit at the top or bottom of the page.
Delete a Contact
- To delete a contact, hover your mouse over the drop-down menu and click Delete.
- You will be asked to continue, click OK to delete or Cancel to abort.
NOTE: Deleting a contact is permanent. This action is final and cannot be undone.