Blackboard (Faculty) - Messages: Send a Message
This document provides an overview of sending a Blackboard message.
- Log into your Blackboard course.
- From the Course Menu, click on Tools. If you have deleted the Tool area, you can add it back (see Add Links to Course Menu) or you can access it from the Control Panel, by clicking on Course Tools, then click Course Messages.
In order for your student to receive Course Messages, they must access the tool either through the "Tools" link or you can add a link to the "Messages" tool to the Course Menu or other content area (e.g. About this Course).
- Click on Create Message button in the tool bar.
- Click the To: button. Select the users by clicking on the name. To select more than one user, hold your Ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac) and click each name.
- Click the right arrow to send the names to the Recipients box.
- In the Compose Message section, enter text in the "Subject" box and in the "Body" box.
- Click the Submit button at the top or bottom of the page.