Blackboard (Faculty) - My Content: Upload or Overwrite File
This document provides an overview of how to upload or a new file or overwrite an existing file to the Content Collection. TIP: If you make corrections to a file, such as update a syllabus, it is best to overwrite the existing file. This saves room in your course and prevents unnecessary duplication. If you just upload a new file, the new file does not overwrite the existing file, but creates a copy with a (1) after the file name (syllabus.docx, syllabus(1).docx).
- Navigate to the content collection and click the Upload button.
- Then select Upload Files from the menu. (Choose Upload Zip Package to upload the contents of a zipped folder.)
There are two options to attach files.
- Option 1: Click the Browse button. Search your computer for the file(s) you want to attach.
- Option 2: Drag a file or folder from your computer and drop it into the box with the dashed lines.
- If you are overwriting an existing file, check the box under the dash line. This will replace the existing file and not create a duplicate file.
- Click Submit at the top or bottom of the page.