Reduce the Size of Your PowerPoint File
A large PowerPoint file will make it difficult to email, download and view. The most common cause of large files is the quantity and size of the images in the PowerPoint. While you do not want to reduce the number of images in a presentation, you can delete cropped areas and reduce a high quality image to lower, but still acceptable quality.
This document provides an overview of how to reduce the size of a PowerPoint file.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Select any slide that has an image on it.
- Click on the image.
- Click on the Picture Tools tab that has appeared above the Format tab in the ribbon.
- Click the Compress Pictures icon in the Adjust section of the ribbon.
- In Compress options area:
Uncheck the box "Apply only to this picture." By unchecking this box, all images will be changed and this process needs only to be done once.
Keep the box "Delete cropped areas of pictures." This option will delete any parts of the images you are not using, and in turn, reducing the size of the file even more.
- In Target output area:
Select the radio button for "Use Document Resolution." This will keep the quality of the images. If you select the radio button for "E-mail" the images may lose some quality and be fuzzy or blurry.
- Click the OK button to finish.