Share a File or Folder from OneDrive (Faculty & Students)
This document provides an overview of how to share a file or folder stored in OneDrive with other people. Note: Only people with siue.edu or Microsoft email accounts can access content shared from OneDrive. They must log into their accounts in order to access it.
- Log into your OneDrive account at office365.siue.edu.
- Click the Apps button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click OneDrive.
- Place a check mark in front of the file or folder you wish to share.
- Click the Share button near the top of the screen.
- Notice the default sharing permissions are set to Edit. You would choose the Edit option if you want to set up a collaborative space or if you want people to make changes to your material. If you only want people to view the content, but not make changes to it, click the drop-down menu where it says, "People in Southern Illinois University Edwardsville with the link can edit."
- To remove editing permissions, un-check the box next to Allow editing.
- Click Apply.
Sharing Option 1: Get a Link
- With the appropriate permissions set, click Copy link in the Share window.
- The link will generate. Click Copy.
- Paste the hyperlink into an email/Blackboard announcement/etc. to share with invitees.
Sharing Option 2: Send an Invitation and Personal Message
- With the appropriate permissions set, type in the email address(es) of the invitee(s). Type in an optional message.
- Click Send.