Blackboard (Faculty) - Organizations: User Management
Unlike academic courses in Blackboard, organizations allow faculty (or Organization Leaders) to add and remove users. The following steps describe how to do that. NOTE: Only "Organization Leaders" can add and remove users in an Organization. If you are not an Organization Leader, you will not see all of the screens shown below. To request that your role be changed, reach out to the Organization Leader or, if one does not exist, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to the organization and click Users and Groups from the Control Panel.
- Select Users.
- Click the Find Users to Enroll button near the top of the screen.
- Type in the user's e-ID
- The e-ID his is the first part of the SIUE email address: e.g. "jsmith"
- Select the appropriate role from the drop-down list
- Click Submit
- You will get a confirmation at the top of the screen when the user is successfully added.
- If you receive an error, double check that the user's e-ID is correct.
- On the Users page, find the person you want to remove.
- Click the circular icon to the right of the user's name.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Remove Users from the Organization.
- If you want to change a user's role (e.g. change a Participant to a Leader), follow the same steps but choose Change User's Availability in Organization from the drop-down menu.