Blackboard (Faculty) - Accessibility: Add Headings in Blackboard's Text Editor
This document provides an overview of how to add headings in Blackboard's text editor. Headings separate a document into sections and makes the content navigable by screen readers. Students with low or no vision rely on screen readers to interpret on-screen text, so it is important to add headings to your documents.
- Type or paste your text into Blackboard text editor.
- Identify the major sections of your text. For example, content describing course requirements might be broken into these sections: Course Requirements (main heading), Assignments (sub heading), Final Exam (sub heading).
- Highlight the text you wish to make a main heading.
- Choose Heading from the Format drop-down menu.
- Go to the next section of your text. If it is a subsection, highlight the text and choose Sub Heading 1 from the Format drop-down menu.
- Keep highlighting and applying format styles to the sections of your text. If further subsections exist, select Sub Heading 2 from the list. For new main sections, choose Heading. Continue to apply Headings and Sub Headings as needed.