Blackboard (Faculty) - Course Content: Overwrite File
This document describes how to overwrite an existing file in the Course Content Collection. TIP: If you make corrections to a file, such as update a syllabus, it is best to overwrite the existing file. This saves room in your course and prevents unnecessary duplication. If you just upload a new file, the new file does not overwrite the existing file, but creates a copy with a (1) after the file name (syllabus.docx, syllabus(1).docx).
- Navigate to the course content collection
- Find the file you want to overwrite (note: you might have multiple pages of content)
- Click the circular icon that appears to the right of the file name
- Choose Overwrite File from the drop-down menu
- Browse your computer to find and attach the updated file.
- Click Submit.
- The file previously used in your course has now been replaced by the newly overwritten file.