Blackboard (Faculty) - My Content: Share a File by Creating a Pass
This document provides an overview of how to share a file by creating a pass.
A Pass is a way to share a Blackboard file with someone outside of the University.
Create the Pass
- Navigate to Blackboard's My Content page and locate the file to be shared.
- Hover your mouse over the file name and click the drop-down arrow.
- Click on Passes.
- Click Create Pass button.
- Lifetime Pass:
No expiration indicates that the user will the link to the file will always have access to the file.
Lifetime of Pass: set the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or years that the user will have access to the file.
- Permissions: In the Permission drop-down box, select the level of read/write permission you want to allow.
Read: user can only read the file
Read / Write: user can read and make changes to the file
Read / Write / Delete: user can read, make changes, and delete the file. Use caution with this option. If an outside user deletes your file, you will not be able to recover it.
- Click Submit at the top or bottom of the page.
Email the Pass
- To email the pass. click the check box to the left of the expiration date. Click the Email Pass button.
- Add the users email address and any addition message. Do not delete or change the link to the pass.
- Click Submit to send the email.