Zoom is a web conferencing tool that SIUE faculty, staff, and students can use for a variety of purposes, including: synchronous online meetings, lecture capture, live or recorded screen sharing, meetings with out-of-area participants, and more.
- Screen sharing
- Lecture capture and web cam recording (up to 40 minutes with a basic account; faculty and staff may submit an increase request)
- Live meetings with up to 100 people (faculty and staff requiring more attendees can request an increase in advance of the synchronous meeting)
- Video chats/Virtual office hours
- Text chats with one or all attendees
- On-screen highlighting and annotation
Tips for Students
Students do not need to sign in to Zoom in order to join a live session. For all Zoom meetings, if a link to a meeting session has been provided, students can open the link and follow the prompts on the link to join that meeting.
If students need to conduct their own live Zoom meetings or to make a recording, then it is recommended that they Sign In to Zoom (with their SIUE email address and password) and host a meeting.