Blackboard (Faculty) - Journals: Grade A Journal
This document provides an overview of how to grade a journal.
- If you haven't already designated a journal to be graded, see the knowledge base article "Edit a Journal" to access the journal.
- Go to the Grade Settings section.
- Click the "Grade" radio button and add points possible for the entire journal. You cannot grade individual journal entries, only the journal as a whole piece.
- Add a rubric if desired. See the knowledge base article for "Rubrics" for instructions.
- These steps can be completed even if students have added journal entries.
Grade A Journal
- To grade a journal entry, go to the Control Panel, click on Course Tools, then click on Journals.
- Click on the journal's title.
- Under "Journal Details,' click on the small arrow below your name to expand the menu.
- Locate the student's journal and click on the student's name.
- Add points in the "Grade" box.
- Give feedback to the students about the overall journal.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the box.
- The grade will appear in the Grade Center.