Zoom: Record a Lecture and Post it to Blackboard (Faculty)
This document provides an overview of how to lecture a presentation and post it to Blackboard. Zoom updates it's software on a regular basis with important security items as well as updates to features. To make sure you have the most current version, check for updates.
This is a fairly simple process of recording, uploading and sharing the file, and posting it to Blackboard. As always, remember to do a short test before recording the actual presentation. You should choose either Step 2A or 2B, depending on whether you want to save your lecture to the cloud (2A) or to your computer (2B). The cloud option automatically uploads to TechSmith Knowmia, but it could take up to 24 hours to access your recording. The local option is available immediately but requires more effort to upload to TechSmith Knowmia.
Click the below to expand the menus for directions.
- Step 1 - Open Zoom/Start a Meeting
- Step 2A - Record a Meeting on Zoom (Cloud option)
- Step 2B - Part 1: Record a Meeting/Lecture (Local option)
- Step 2B - Part 2: Upload the Recording File to TechSmith Knowmia
Step 3 - Linking in Blackboard
- Link a Knowmia Video using a Weblink in Blackboard
- Embedding Video into Blackboard
- Link a Knowmia Video in Blackboard for Grading
- Link a Knowmia Folder in Blackboard