Linking to a video in Relay is the quickest way for students to view a video. Linking to an individual video takes up less space in the Blackboard folder than embedding the video. This is critical if you have many other items within the folder. If you have a lot of videos to link to, see the knowledge base article "Link a Relay Folder in Blackboard
NOTE: If you export your course and import it to another semester, the link to the Relay platform will export/import, but you will have to re-link to the video.
1. Navigate to the folder in Blackboard that you want the video to reside.
2. Hover your mouse over "Build Content" to expand the menu. Click TechSmith Relay.
3. Name the video, for example, "Welcome to BIOL 150."
4. If you have quiz questions within the video, or you want the students to receive points for watching the video, click Yes for Enabled Evaluation.
5. Add the total points possible the student will receive.
Quizzing: If the video has quiz questions, the points students receive will be divided equally by number of total points. For example, if there are two quiz questions and the total possible points are 10, if the student gets one wrong, he/she will receive 5 points for the video.
No quiz questions: If there are no quiz questions and you just want to give credit to the students for just watching, they will receive the points based on the percentage they watched. For example, a student that watches the whole video would receive 100% of the points (10 points in our example above). A student that only watches 60% of the video will receive 60% of the points (6 points).
6. Set remaining options for due date and date and time restrictions as needed.
7. Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the folder for the link. Click on the new link. A Relay link is designated by a blue icon.
9. Relay will launch and you will be in "My Library." Navigate to the folder/sub-folder that contains the video by clicking on the folder icon or the Open Folder button.
10. Click on Add Media button. The video player will open.
11. If you accidentally selected the wrong video, click on Change Media in the tool bar. Navigate to the correct video and click Add Media button.
12. To return to Blackboard, click on the folder name in the breadcrumbs at the top of the window.