Zoom: Start a Meeting (Faculty & Students)
This document provides an overview of how to start a meeting in Zoom. The screenshots in this article may not look exactly like the version of Zoom you are running; if not, try updating Zoom on your computer.
- In an Internet browser navigate to www.siue.edu/zoom.
- Click Sign In button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Sign in with your SIUE username and password.
- Click Host A Meeting in the upper right-hand corner and then select With Video On (enables web cam) or With Video Off (disables web cam).
- If you have not downloaded Zoom before, you will be prompted to install Zoom on your computer. Follow the prompts through the installation. Your meeting will appear after the installation has completed.
- Once the Zoom meeting has opened, you will be prompted to join your audio. Click Join Audio Conference by Computer to use a computer headset or internal microphone and speakers. Or click the Phone Call option to call in with your telephone.
Option 2: Start a Meeting from the Zoom Application
- Open the Zoom application on your computer.
- If prompted to login, choose the SSO option and login with your SIUE e-ID and password.
- Click New Meeting. Note: If you do not want to start with video, click the drop-down next to New Meeting and uncheck the box for Start with Video.
- Click Join Audio Conference by Computer to use a computer headset or internal microphone. Or click the Phone Call option to call in with your telephone.