Blackboard (Faculty) - Blogs: Create a Blog
This document provides an overview of how to create a blog.
1. Expand the Course Tools section and click Blogs.
2. Click the Create Blog button.
3. On the Create Blog page, type a "Name" and "Instructions" (Instructions are optional).
4. Make the blog available for students in the Blog Availability section.
4. Set the "Display After" and "Display Until" dates as desired in the Blog Date and Time Restrictions section.
5. In the Blog Participation section, decide if the blog is for "Individual to All Students" (just between user and instructor) or the "Course" (all users can view). You may also allow some anonymous posting.
6. Set the options in the Blog Settings and Grade Settings sections.
7. Click Submit.
Link to a Blog in a Content Area
- From a folder or content area, click on Tools > Blogs.
- Click on Link to a Blog radio button. If there is no Blog listed in the box, click Create New Blog button. See the article "Create a Blog" for instructions. Select the blog to be linked.
- Click Next at the bottom of the page.
- The Blog title defaults as the Link name. Customize that if you wish. Add instructions in the text box. Include due dates and times.
- Under Options, confirm that the Available radio button is set to Yes. Add optional date restrictions.
- Click Submit.