Blackboard (Faculty) - End-of-Semester Activities
This document provides tips for what to do in Blackboard at the end of the semester.
The following are suggested end-of-semester activities for faculty using Blackboard. Please contact ITS for questions or assistance at 618-650-5500.
- Check your Grade Center Total and/or Weighted Total column(s) to be sure they are set up to calculate correctly. The Mercer University Online Weighted Average Grade Calculator is a useful tool for checking your Weighted Total calculations. If you find errors, contact ITS at 618-650-5500 or at email@example.com for assistance.
- Make sure your final grade column (i.e. Total or Weighted Total) is set as the External Grade Column.
- Download a copy of your Grade Center at the end of the term for your records.
- Download copies of students' Assignments and Turnitin Assignment submissions for your records.
- If you are using videos in TechSmith Relay, download and reset the Analytics and Quiz Results.
- Export the course to keep a copy for importing into future courses.
- If you are teaching multiple sections of the same course next semester and want them to be in one Blackboard shell, get a head start and Request a Merged Course.