Blackboard (Faculty) - Assignments: Grade a Blackboard Assignment
This document provides an overview of grading a Blackboard assignment.
Accessing the Blackboard Assignment
- From the Control Panel, click on Grade Center, then click Needs Grading.
- Click the student's name under "User Attempt".
- From the Control Panel, click Grade Center, then click Full Grade Center.
- Navigate to the cell for the student and assignment you wish to grade. Click the drop-down arrow next to the yellow exclamation point.
- Click Attempt + DATE.
Note: You may see a brief note that the file is rendering. This is normal. If the page does not automatically update you may need to refresh your page in order for the file to display.
Using Inline Grading Tools
- The student's file will be displayed for you and you will have the ability to grade directly on it.
- Zoom in by clicking on the magnifying glass with the Plus (+). Zoom out by clicking on the magnifying glass with the Minus (-). This is located at the bottom of the file. You may need to scroll and hover over the file to view.
- To draw, click the Drawing Annotation Mode icon in the Box menu bar and then click to draw at the location in the document where you want the drawing to appear. In the bounding box that appears around the drawing, click the Save button to save the drawing, or click the Delete button if you wish to delete the drawing.
- To make a comment/annotation, click the Point Annotation Mode icon in the Box menu bar and then click the location in the document where you want the annotation to appear.
- Inside the annotation box, type the feedback and click the Post button.
You can also select a portion of text and a pop-up menu will appear with the option to make an annotation.
- You can also highlight text in yellow. Select the text you wish to highlight, and a pop-up menu will appear. Click the highlight text icon.
- To add an annotation to highlighted text, hover over it and click the comment icon.
- To delete a comment, click the trash can icon in the upper right-hand corner of the comment box.
Note: Comments and highlights cannot be printed or downloaded.
Adding a Score and Feedback
- In the right panel, add the assignment's score to the "Attempt" box.
- If you wish to leave comments, click on the small arrow in the light blue box and leave comments in the "Feedback to Learner" text box. Students access these comments through the “My Grades” link.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the box.
Download the Assignment
- To download a student file, click either one of the download buttons on the screen. You can also click the filename under the submission section.
- To download all student submissions, refer to the article: Blackboard (Faculty) - Assignments: Download Assignment Files.
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Assignments: About Blackboard Assignments
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Assignments: Create a Blackboard Assignment
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Assignments: Download Assignment Files
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Groups: Grade a Group Assignment
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Assignments: View Students' Blackboard Assignment Submission Receipts
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Assignments: Clear Attempt