Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Download Respondus
Respondus is a test and survey authoring tool that allows users to create or import tests. Respondus connects to Blackboard, allowing users to upload tests to one or multiple courses.
This document provides an overview of where to download Respondus.
Respondus is only available for PCs. There is no Mac version at this time.
- Log into Blackboard at http://bb.siue.edu.
- Click on the Services tab.
- The "Respondus Resource Page" box is on the right side.
- Under the heading "Download and Installation Information" click on the Download Respondus Here link.
- The file you download is named "Respondus4Campus47.exe.zip". Save it to your desktop.
- Locate the file on your desktop and double-click it to open the folder. Click on Extract all files.
- You will be asked to select a destination folder. This should default to your desktop. Make sure that the check box "Show extracted files when completed" is checked. Click the Extract button.
- Locate the Respondus4Campus47.exe file in the folder. Double-click on the file to begin the installation process.
- Follow the instruction in on the screen to install the program.
- The first time you open Respondus, it will ask for Institution Name, Local Support Contact, and Installation Password.
- Return to the "Respondus Resource Page" for the information located in the "License Information" section.
Note: The password is only valid until July 31st of each year. As of August 1st each year, you will need to return to the "Respondus Resource Page" for the newest installation password.
- Enter the Institution name, Local support contact and current Installation Password in the appropriate boxes.
- Click License to continue.
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Question Format
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Import Questions Into Respondus
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Publish to Blackboard
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Print an Exam Using Respondus
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Download an Exam From Blackboard into Respondus
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Check for Latest Version