Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Import Questions Into Respondus
Before you can successfully import questions, your Word document must be formatted correctly. Follow the directions in the knowledge base article Question Formatting for correct formatting.
This document provides an overview of how to import questions using Respondus.
- Open Respondus.
- Click on the Import Questions button.
- Click on the "Type of File" drop-down box and select from Plain Text, Rich Text, or Microsoft Word (depending on the type of file you save the file as).
- Select the file to import by clicking on the Browse button and navigating to the file on your computer.
- If this is a new document, accept the default radio button and type a name for the test. This is the name that will appear in Blackboard. For example, Chapter 1, or Midterm.
- If this is an exam, accept the radio button for exam. If this is a survey, click the radio button for Survey.
- Click the Preview button.
- If there are errors with the file, a pop-up window will indicate which questions have an error. Click the Cancel button to cancel the import. Make corrections to the file and start the import again. Failure to correct the errors will result in an incomplete or erroneous import of the test. (NOTE: If you see an error such as "Duplicate title were changed by adding '2' (or 3, 4...)" this error can be ignored. Question titles cannot be identical and the error message is indicating that the duplicate title is adding the number to make it distinct.)
- If there are no errors, the Preview Result box will list the first 5 questions. Click the Finish button.
- Click the OK button in the pop up window and you will automatically be routed to the Edit tab.
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Download Respondus
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Question Format
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Publish to Blackboard
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Print an Exam Using Respondus
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Download an Exam From Blackboard into Respondus
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Respondus: Check for Latest Version