Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Access and Grade Student Submissions
This document provides an overview of how to access and grade student submissions through Turnitin or Blackboard.
Turnitin Feedback Studio is an online tool that is used for grading papers, presentations, and other student work. Work submitted through Turnitin can be marked up with Feedback Studio using standard as well as customized grading marks. While Feedback Studio itself does not analyze or identify spelling, grammatical, or citation style errors, if e-rater has been enabled during the Turnitin assignment creation process, e-rater will analyze spelling and grammar.Feedback Studio can be utilized within a Blackboard course. It does not have to be used in conjunction with the Turnitin originality reporting capability.
Instructors must first set up a Turnitin assignment before using Feedback Studio features. Once assignments have been submitted, papers can then be graded using Feedback Studio. See the Create a Turnitin Assignment knowledge base article for detailed instructions regarding how to set up a Turnitin assignment.
- Under the Control Panel, expand the Course Tools section and select Turnitin Assignments.
- Click on the linked name of the Turnitin assignment.
- Click the Grade button (pencil icon) in the toolbar at the top of the screen to access the Feedback Studio tool.
- A new window with Feedback Studio will open.
- Navigate to the Grade Center then Full Grade Center.
- Locate the column for the Turnitin assignment. If there are student submissions, a yellow exclamation point will be in the cell.
- Click the drop-down arrow in that cell and then choose the last option for Attempt + DATE.
- One the Modify Grade page, click the icon across from User's Paper.
- Feedback Studio will open in a new window or tab with the submission displaying.
- Use the tools inside the Feedback Studio to provide comments and look at originality reports. For more assistance with the tools, please refer to the knowledge base article on Feedback Studio tools.
- Enter a score in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Press Enter on the keyboard after entering the score.
- Close the window or tab. This will return you to the Modify Grade page in Blackboard.
- Enter the score in the Grade box and click Submit.
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: About Turnitin Feedback Studio
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Create a Turnitin Assignment
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Create a Turnitin Revision Assignment
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Create a Turnitin Rubric
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Feedback Studio Tools
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Create A PeerMark Assignment
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: View Student PeerMark Reviews
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Manually Upload a Paper
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin: Download Student Papers